Saturday, February 19, 2005

Saturday Update

I finally got to see Dogger last night. Boy it was good to see him! He's doing well and is finally in his own, permanentwhilehe'sthere room. Today is the last day for chemo (although I have a suspicion they may add another day...don't know why that thoughts in my head). I'm getting ready to head up in a little bit.

His room is small, but at least he has a window that looks out onto a parking lot. Hey a window is a window! I took up all kinds of goodies to him last night. I made him some cinnamon muffins (his favorite) and a glass jar to keep his candy in. Boy is he stocked...which means it should last the weekend if we're lucky! lol

He's got Peanut M&M's (his fave), those cookies & cream nuggets and Lifesavers (original and peppermint). I have to stop at Best Buy or Circuit City or somewhere to pick up an adapter for the Playstation for the TV in his room. Then he can play games, watch movies, etc. So I'm going to pick that up and take it with me.

His spirits are good. The chemo brings on a type of depression and with all the daily chemo he's had and everything kicking in (the hardest being our separation from each other while he's there and I have to stay here) its hit him pretty hard. But I'm so proud of him. He talked to the doctor about it and they're going to give him support. He'll be taking anti-depressants to help with everything. It's important for his well-being and I told him that he can always go off of it, but its there while he needs it. So they'll begin that today.

I need to ask today about the phone number for his room and what address can be used for cards. Send me an email and I'll share that information as soon as I have it. He is not allowed any plants or flowers of any kind. (They can bring in organisms that can create mold or infections, so its just not allowed.) He can have balloons and cards. (Balloons can be wiped down.)

Christian and his fiancee arrived safely yesterday. We got off to a rocky start with the hotel, but things have been resolved. I saw him briefly last night to drop of the Jeep for them to use. I don't know how much of him I'll see over the next few days, but I told him that I would take the two of them to the airport, so they didn't have to worry about that.

That's about everything for now. More will follow.

Much love, Dogger & Lee Ann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home