Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Today starts Day 1

Well Christian arrived this morning and was done in 4 hours. His first stem cell collection. Tomorrow will repeat the process and Friday afternoon, he and his fiancee will return home. They plan to start giving Dogger the stem cells tonight (as soon as they've gotten a count). Now it begins.

Once the transplant takes place, it'll take 9-10 days for any signs of graft vs host disease to become known. So especially for the next 2 weeks, please keep him in your prayers.

We got the chance to talk some last night and he said he's ready to do this and confident that it will work and he'll come through it just fine and the better health for it. I needed to hear those words.

Tomorrow afternoon and Friday I'll be spending in Tampa. Mom & possibly Bunny will come up Saturday with me. It'll give them a chance to visit and see him and I can drive the Jeep back home.

*Deep breath* Now we begin counting...Day 1 begins today.

I found a stamp today that I'm going to make into cards, so don't be surprised if this shows up in your mailbox, but I wanted to share it with you.

What Cancer Cannot Do
Cancer is Limited.......
It cannot cripple Love
It cannot shatter Hope
It cannot corrode Faith
It cannot destroy Peace
It cannot kill Friendship
It cannot suppress Memories
It cannot silence Courage
It cannot invade the Soul
It cannot steal Eternal Life
It cannot conquer the Spirit

I found it to be very fitting and true. Much love, Us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home